What is Gynecomastia?
Gynecomastia, colloquially called “man-boobs”, is a condition that affects 90% of men at some point in their lives. This usually shows up during puberty due to the fluctuations in sex hormones at this time of life, however, there are other causes. Some are common such as obesity, steroid abuse, and side effects from some medications, however, other more exceptional causes are genetic disorders, Klinefelter Syndrome and Gilbert’s Syndrome, liver disease, and tumors. In most men, the symptoms decrease naturally as they grow out of puberty, however, in 10% of men afflicted with this problem they have to either learn to live with the problem or learn ways to combat it.
Click the link to learn more about the Vanish Man Boobs Manual
How does it affect men?
Gynecomastia is a condition where excess fat deposits are stored in the chest area of a male giving the appearance of a woman’s breast. Sometimes, the same conditions that cause the breast enlargement also causes extra weight around the mid-section or gut and results in a “pot belly”.
Besides being a physical problem, gynecomastia becomes a psychological issue as well, especially for young males, due to the social complications involved in being different from their peers. Because males rarely talk about this problem due to embarrassment, they feel ostracized and alienated by their peer group. It affects their self-esteem, their confidence, and their overall outlook on life. While most young me deal with the problem rationally, extreme lengths such as eating disorders, self-hate or self-mutilation have occurred and must be addressed by a licensed physician and not considered a “phase”.
Some men, again, especially young men who begin suffering from these symptoms in puberty or before, question their sexuality or wonder if they are “trans-gendered” because of the way this condition makes them look. These are issues that need to be addressed. Gynecomastia does not make a male more feminine, less virile physically, less fertile, or more or less likely to be homosexual. Studies show that the sooner a male addresses these questions, the sooner they can become more at ease with their bodies and the better outlook they will have on their body and life in general.
Are there any “cures” or Gynecomastia treatments?
Most of the symptoms in 90% of sufferers dissolve naturally as they grow out of puberty, however in the remaining 10% of men measures have to be taken to address the physical and emotional symptoms of this condition.
Someone who has developed “man-boobs” after steroid use should stop using them. The likelihood is that with exercise the puffiness will decrease as the steroids leaves the body.
Diet is one way to combat these symptoms. Eating a healthy and balanced diet that raises the metabolism and reduces the possibility of calories stored as fat deposits is one way to alleviate symptoms. Including supplements, such as all natural Ultimate Gynemax, can aid in the reduction of chest fat as well.
Exercise, specifically targeted exercises that reduce chest fat and increase chest and torso muscles will make a difference as well.
Cosmetic surgery is a drastic and costly remedy but should always be used as a last resort when all other methods have been exhausted. To learn more about gynecomastia casuses and treatments read the articles listed below: